Friday, March 30, 2012

Merge on MSDE: how can do it ?

Hello everybody,
i need to set a MSDE database as 'publisher' for merge replication.
My difficult is that I haven't understand how I cand do it.
I have not Enterprise Manager for set the merge, How I can Do it ?
Thank you so much,
You could create a merge publication on your normal server and get EM to
script it out. This would be in the form of a series of system stored
procedure calls. After changing the servername, you should have a script
that could be run on MSDE.
Alternatively, you could create it using SQLDMO. I don't have an example of
merge, but I do have 2 examples of transactional on
www.replicationanswers.com.
Rgds,
Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com
(recommended sql server 2000 replication book:
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602p.html)
|||"Paul Ibison" <Paul.Ibison@.Pygmalion.Com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:%23eBzl8WAFHA.2016@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
Thank you for your answer,
but i need a tool that make it for me.
There are any open-source/free software that i can use ?
thank you!
ck1;
|||I had a browse of the 3rd party tools for managing MSDE,
but the 3 I looked at didn't list replication
administration. Scripting out a subscriuption is not
difficult, but I can appreciate the functionality you are
looking for and I'll also keep an eye on this thread to
see if anyone else has such a GUI tool.
Rgds,
Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com
(recommended sql server 2000 replication book:
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602p.html)
|||What language? I have a library (VB6 and .NET versions) to set up merge
replication programmatically that's been used in a couple of client projects
successfully..
GUI can be put on it relatively easily.
Paul
"Paul Ibison" <Paul.Ibison@.Pygmalion.Com> wrote in message
news:26e001c502c7$94d45ce0$a401280a@.phx.gbl...
> I had a browse of the 3rd party tools for managing MSDE,
> but the 3 I looked at didn't list replication
> administration. Scripting out a subscriuption is not
> difficult, but I can appreciate the functionality you are
> looking for and I'll also keep an eye on this thread to
> see if anyone else has such a GUI tool.
> Rgds,
> Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com
> (recommended sql server 2000 replication book:
> http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602p.html)
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment